We have successfully pushed an update to all instances residing in Canada and the European Union. This update includes about 200+ features and smaller improvements including improved Media Chooser recording options, new video editing insertion capabilities, refreshed layouts, faster loading of course and roster data, enhanced metadata searching capabilities, and much more! This will be released to the United States zone next Friday.
- LMS Media Chooser Integration with Browser Capture Studio
Users are now able to launch the Browser Capture Studio via the Media Chooser (LMS Extension). Simply by clicking Start, users can easily create presentation recordings, and then select them within the Choose Media tab afterwards. This enables Content Creators to quickly record course content and student assignments.
- New Video Editor Insertion Options for Inserting Single-Stream Videos into Multi-Stream Videos
The Video Editor now provides more seamless tools for Content Creators to insert (and override) single-stream videos seamlessly into multi-stream videos. Moreover, we have also expanded the Video Editor’s capabilities to include inserting lengthy videos into shorter videos.
- Improved EnterpriseTube with New ‘More Videos’ Carousel
As part of a multi-release plan to add more powerful capabilities to the EnterpriseTube, this release we start some UI improvements. The EnterpriseTube now has an additional More Videos carousel, which provides additional room to publicly showcase content.
- Refreshed Courses & Groups UI Layout with Improved Filtering, Faster Data Loading and Responsive Design
Courses and Groups was completely overhauled from the ground-up to be more capable of handling tens-of-thousands of courses and roster entries. Users will now experience a faster, efficient, and more functional flow that is based on user feedback.
- Ability to Search for Video PID within Media Library Using Information Encoded in Direct Link or Embed Code
Users are now able to use the Media Search Bar to search for a video using the information encoded in a Direct Link or an Embed Code. This was a heavily requested feature by our Administrators to identify where a video, known only by Direct Link or Embed Code, resided within the Video Platform. Instructions on how to search a video through Direct Link or Embed Code can be found by clicking the arrow icon located in the Search Bar.
- Detection of Errors in Manually Edited SRT Caption Files
This new capability is able to detect and provide more detailed remediation information when users manually upload a SRT caption file that contains formatting issues. This aids Content Creators in easily correcting the errors, and saves all users from future inconveniences.
- Ability to Search by Metadata Fields Defined in a Custom Metadata Schema
The Metadata Fields defined within a Metadata Schema are now searchable with a new search operator called “metadata:” For Organizations using a Custom Metadata Schema, users will now be able to generate more accurate search results.
- Metadata Field Search in the Media Library
- Metadata Field Search in the Media Chooser
- New APIs Available for Deeper Device Status Information and Functionality Customization
As third-party Developers seek to do more with their external tools and integrations, we continue to add new capabilities within our REST APIs.
- Ability to Query Device Status Through Supported REST API
This API allows Application Developers to create an external page or application that summarizes their Organization’s Device statuses and provides a preview of a Device’s audio and video activity. We understand that some Organizations prefer to operate within a custom-built monitoring system, so now they have the capabilities to build this out fully. Please refer to this guide to learn more.
- Ability to Specify Scheduled Recording Storage Location
This feature allows Application Developers to determine where a scheduled recording will be stored upon completion (as opposed to storing completed recordings in a general Default Collection).
- Ability to Customize YouTube Ingest Compliance Notification to Meet Local Compliance Laws
Administrators can now customize the prompt that will appear when users import a video from YouTube. In addition to a custom message, Administrators are able to provide a link to their country’s relevant legal rulings and institution policies for users to refer to. To learn more about this feature, please click here.
- Improved Visualization of Word Cloud and Confidence Score Highlights when Using the Model A – Auto-Captioning Engine
We have made significant visual improvements to the Word Cloud feature for the Model A – Auto-Captioning Engine. Additionally, we have made significant improvements to the Confidence Scores shown in the Video Editor for Model A.
- More Expansive Spanish and Portuguese Translations Now Available
To better support users from diverse linguistic backgrounds, we are providing more comprehensive Spanish and Portuguese translation support within our Enterprise Video Platform. To learn how to enable your preferred language, please click here. For future releases, we are currently working on expanding our services to provide Finnish and Dutch translations.
- Refreshed Hub Profile and Workflow
The Hub Profile creation workflow has been refined to allow users to more efficiently create Hub Profiles. To learn more about this feature, please click here.
- Ability to Search by Full Name in Roster
To allow for a faster and more refined search process, Administrators will now be able to search for users using their full names.
- Notification when User Role Has Been Changed
To allow for easier tracking of purposeful and inadvertent role changes, Administrators can now receive a notification in the Audit Log when a user’s role has been changed within the Video Platform.
- Refined UI Flow for Downloading a Transcript from Media Player Sidebar
The workflow for downloading a Transcript from the Media Player Sidebar has been improved (from a slightly confusing previous UI). Moreover, the Transcript will now be included when students decide to Bulk Download all associated Resources. To learn more about this feature, please click here
- Ability to Disable Ability to Take Video Quiz via “Bell Icon” in Video Platform
Administrators can now disable Video Quiz Notifications which, in turn, prevents students from accessing video quizzes from the Bell icon. The most common reason to do so is to ensure that all quiz attempts flow to the LMS Gradebook (via an authenticated LMS LTI Launch event) instead of only the Video Platform’s Gradebook.