We have successfully pushed an update to all physical zones residing in the United States. Please note that this release will be pushed to Canadian zones next week. This release includes 75 new features and improvements including:
- New Visual Analytics Overview tab – After extensive research and feedback about what Administrators wished to see in the Analytics Overview, we’ve incorporated more relevant statistics and a more attractive look-and-feel.
- Improved Media Preview for Non-Video Digital Assets – Organizations storing digital assets such as Word, Excel, PowerPoints, PDFs, images, etc. now have the ability to click on the thumbnail to view an inline preview of the file.
- Refreshed Visual Analytics UI and Color Scheme – Alongside the new Visual Analytics Overview tab, we also refreshed the other Usage & Analytics suite, as well as resolved a dozen-or-so related issues. Among other things, this includes improves aesthetics of the Contents tab and provides easier-to-read graphs.
- Performance Improvements to LMS Media Extensions – Re-factored the algorithms that the Media Choosers use to make them even faster when there are thousands of video objects in the Internal Library for a given user. While most users won’t notice the improvements, those power-users with thousands of video assets will certainly take note.
- Better Quota Management Capabilities including Self-Service Preview – Ability to send “approaching assigned quota” and “quota exceeded” emails when users are approaching or have exceeded their admin-allotted quota. We also now provide a way within the user’s My Account settings to view their current data usage.
- New Social Syndication Tab within Media Details – Improved workflow for Content Owners to cross-syndicate media to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube with API-level integrations with each Platform.
- Minor Improvements to Media Player – We added some minor improvements to the Media Player including in the scenario when the Thumbnail Bar is hidden. In this situation, when hovering over the scrubber bar, it shows the thumbnail for that region of the video.