We have successfully pushed an update to all YuJa Panorama for Digital Accessibility instances residing in the United States, Canada, and the European Union. This release focuses on enhanced real-time suggestions for WYSIWYG content, new accessibility profiles and features for webpage and in-LMS page content, an option for Admins and Instructors to reprocess all items within a course, and more.
- New Real-Time Accessibility Suggestions Available within WYSIWYG Editor
Building on the Real-time Accessibility Suggestion Engine introduced last release, we have added new accessibility suggestions for WYSIWYG Editor content. Panorama will now make suggestions and prompt instructors to fix issues associated with font size, color contrast, alternative text, and descriptive text. Content Creators will be prompted when there is a detected accessibility issue—which will be flagged as Minor, Major, or Severe—and subsequently offered an appropriate solution.
- Real-Time Improvement Suggestions for Color Contrast When WCAG 2.1 Color Contrast Issues Are Detected
Suggestions for color contrast allow Content Creators to resolve WCAG 2.1 color contrast issues by choosing from a recommended selection of complementary text or background colors.
- Real-Time Improvement Suggestions for Font Sizes When Font Readability Issues Are Detected
Font size issues that could affect readability will automatically be detected and easy-to-use recommendations to adjust the text size are provided.
- Customized Website Accessibility Profiles for Motor Impairment, Color Blindness, Dyslexia, Visually Impairments, Seizure-Prone Users, and More
To make web-based content more accessible to viewers, we have implemented an improved layout alongside one-click Accessibility Profiles, which will automatically alter the website or LMS content for viewers with: motor impairments, color blindness, visual impairments, dyslexia, ADHD, cognitive or learning disabilities, and those prone to seizures.
- Addition of Font Face Designed to Be Easier to Read for Dyslexic Users
Further enhancements include the addition of Comic Sans to the list of Readable Fonts, and a customizable option for the Reading Guide.
- Ability to Reprocess All Documents Within a Course To Take Advantage of Newly Introduced Accessibility Engine Enhancements
Admins and Instructors who wish to re-generate Alternative Formats and Accessibility Reports for a course may do so with the click of a button. Simply access your Course Report or Content tab within the Panorama LTI app and select Reprocess Course.
- Support for Moodle Books
In continuing to integrate Panorama into new areas of Moodle, we now generate Alternative Formats and an Accessibility Score for Moodle Books. Future updates will further expand Panorama into other areas such as Discussion Topics and Moodle Chapters.