We have successfully pushed an update to all instances residing in the European Union and Canada. Next week, we will perform the same update to United States-based instances.
- Live ASR Provides Auto-Captioning for Live Streamed Events
AI-based auto-captioning is now available for live streams. Now live streamed events can be captioned in real-time which provides improved accessibility to live content. Reach out to your dedicated Customer Success Manager to learn how to opt your Organization into Live ASR for Live Stream events.
- New User Analytics Dashboard with Breakout Analytics for Course-Embedded Content
The User Analytics view has a brand new look with more in-depth analytics of individual users. Capabilities include:
- Ability to filter video analytics for a given course including video content presented in both Media Channels and LMS-embedded Deep Linked content
- New summary statistics on most viewed content, accesses and storage space used
- Improved visualizations of aggregated usage statistics
This new User Analytics dashboard also allows organizations to establish program certifications based on a viewer’s completion of course content. Click here to learn more about User-Level Analytics.
- Additional Localization of Video Platform – In addition to the previous localizations, this release we have localized My Account, Live Stream Player, and Video Editor. Key remaining sections are Analytics and Admin Panel (will be completed in the subsequent release cycle). Our initial focus is to provide full localization for French. Click here to learn more about enabling French language support for your Video Platform account.
- New APIs to Support Third-Party Hardware and Software Encoders
We’ve taken another step forward in our ongoing partnership with Extron and Epiphan to provide seamless video capture content and management to users through native integrations. New APIs and software encoders provide new entry points for the Video Platform to register, manage and ingest content from third-party hardware units.
- Additional Media Chooser Support for Blackboard Content Items
With the newest Media Chooser Plugin for Blackboard, instructors can now edit their media Content Item including content title, description, start date, and more before sharing it with students. Reach out to your dedicated Customer Success Manager to learn how to download the newest version of the Blackboard Media Chooser Plugin.