We have successfully pushed an update to all instances residing in the European Union and Canada. Next week, we will perform the same update to United States-based instances.
- Redesigned Media Player Sidebar with Improved Visualizations
The Video Platform’s Media Player now offers a redesigned experience for each of the metadata panels of the Media Player. This change was focused on optimizing the visibility and usability of each panel. Click here to learn more about the Media Player Sidebar.
- Live Stream Integration Directly into Media Channels
To make it easier for students to join course-level Live Streams, a new integration within the Media Channels provides notification of active Live Streams to the course.
- Video Editor Now Provides the Ability to Insert Video from Your Existing Media Content
Content Owners can insert existing media into a video stream from their My Media library without having to first upload the content (as was previously the case). Click here to learn more about Insert Video.
- Video Editor Now Supports Simultaneous Editing of Caption Files in Multiple Languages
Content Owners can now context-switch and edit multiple Caption Files within a single editing session. Click here to learn more about editing caption files in multiple language.
- Video Editor Now Supports Find-and-Replace for Editing Captions
Caption editors now have a quick find-and-replace workflow to make editing captions more efficient.
- Video Editor Performance Optimizations (EU and CA Zone)
The processing infrastructure used by the Video Editor in the EU and CA zone has been optimized using the same elastic edit-processing infrastructure utilized in the US zone. The result is faster editing of long videos.
- Gradebook-Aligned Video Completion Scoring
The Video Platform now offers an LMS Gradebook-aligned video completion scoring capability previously offered within the Techsmith Knowmia product. With this product being sunset, the ability to apply a grade based on a percentage-threshold watched was a heavily requested feature by former Knowmia customers. Click here to learn more about how to create a Playback Quiz.
- Support for Organization-Approved Pre-Roll and Post-Roll (Trailer) Videos
Organizations can now upload approved Pre-Roll and Post-Roll video content that can then be utilized by Content Owners. The goal is to allow Organizations to more easily distribute brand and compliance-aligned pre-roll and post-rolls. Click here to learn more about using Video Bumpers.
- Support for Downloading Video Podcasts with “Burned In” Captions
Content Owners and Administrators can now opt to download their video content with a “burned in” copy of the time-synchronized caption file. For videos with multiple associated caption files, users can select which caption file to “burn in”. Click here to learn more about obtaining burn-in captions within your downloaded videos.
- Create Auto-Scheduled Placeholder Recordings That Can Be Immediately Inserted Into Instructional Content
Auto-schedule recordings can now create placeholder videos ahead of the actual event. These placeholder objects can be inserted similar to actual videos. Click here to learn more about creating a Placeholder Video.
- Browser Capture Now Provides the Ability to Download a Single Stream Podcast of the Newly Created Content
Users now have an option to immediately download an offline podcast of their newly created multi-stream content. Previously within the Brower Capture Studio, multi-stream content had to be downloaded as separate streams. Please note, the most popular workflow of saving directly to My Media is not affected by this enhancement.
- New Device Management and Integration APIs
In an effort to continue to expand the capabilities of our Hardware Capture appliance partners, we have continued to extend our APIs to provide additional device management and integration APIs. These include: the ability to programmatically register and unregister third-party hardware capture appliances, integration of Live Stream ingestion, recording pause and resume support, and more.
- Support for D2L Homepage Link to Video Platform
D2L institutions can now add a link to the YuJa Enterprise Video Platform that is not contextually associated with a course. When the LTI link is followed, the Video Platform will present the user’s My Media content and is agnostic to any specific course view.
- Support for Moodle Media Chooser Insertion of a Direct Link When the LMS Strips the Embed Code
Institutions that use Moodle can now use the Media Chooser in scenarios where the Moodle LMS strips the inserted video link, such as within a Moodle Forum post of a student. Now this scenario is detected and a link is, instead, inserted.
- Support for Bulk Human Caption Operation
Human captioned-enabled users can now bulk-select multiple videos to send for human captioning.
- Improved the Loading Time of the User-Level Analytics View
Optimized the retrieval and tabulation functions of this user-centric analytics view. Now this user-level view loads, in most cases, within a matter of seconds rather than over a minute.
- Optimized Loading Speed of Media Player When Embedding 5+ Videos in a Page
Now embedded videos will load much more quickly as a result of a number of packaging, caching, and localization optimizations.
- Continued Work on Accessibility Improvements Across Video PlatformAs part of our continued efforts to deepen the accessibility of our offerings, we have focused this release on improved Tab Ordering. For example, the Video Editor’s Tab Order is more logical and intuitive than it was previously.