We have successfully pushed our update to all instances residing in Canada and European Union. This update provides a new CampusTube video experience, a new Cielo24 human captioning enterprise connector, dynamic feedback for video quizzes, new API, and many WCAG 2.1-aligned accessibility improvements. This update will be released to the United States zones next Friday.
- New CampusTube Video Portal for Richer Inside-the-Campus Video Distribution
We have revamped our Shared Folders to create a richer CampusTube video experience that complements the public-facing EnterpriseTube experience. The focus of the new CampusTube experience is to transition the current, staid folder-like view to a more engaging intra-campus video experience. Over the next few release cycles, we will be adding new permissions capabilities, group management capabilities, and auto-provisioning with SAML-based group sets.
- Brand New CampusTube Experience with New Media Channel Playlists
The Media Channel-style playlists within the CampusTube now offer an improved viewing experience with a layout that mirrors LMS course-linked Media Channels.
- Advanced Media Search Console with Boolean Operators and Filtering Capabilities
We have improved upon our advanced text-based metadata search capabilities with a new interactive Advanced Search console experience. The Advanced Search Console is focused on providing “power users” with the ability to seamlessly filter through Titles, Folders, Metadata, Comments, Owners, and more along with the ability to join queries with advanced boolean search operators.
- Introducing Cielo24 as a New Third-Party Human Captioning Provider
Continuing our efforts to provide institutions with the freedom to use their preferred human captioning services, Administrators can now integrate the Video Platform with their Cielo24 account. Please click here to learn how to integrate Cielo24 or any of our other third-party captioning providers.
- Video Quizzes Support Ability for Creators to Provide Dynamic Response-Based Feedback
Content Creators can now provide dynamic feedback for quizzes based on the answers provided by the user.
- Support for oEmbed Open Format for Content Embedding
Users will be able to embed their Video Platform media content such as videos, documents, and photos directly onto platforms such as WordPress and Drupal that support the oEmbed format.
- Support for Multiple LTI 1.3 Integrations with a Single Video Platform Instance
Similar to our LTI 1.1 integration, institutions can now integrate a single Video Platform instance with multiple LTI 1.3 integrations.
- Facial Recognition Now Offers a View of Individual Faces
Within the Facial Analysis tab, Content Creators can now view the faces of those recognized by the Facial Recognition tool.
- New APIs for Managing Video Content
We have added new APIs to manage video content. To learn how to use these, and any of our other APIs, please click here.
- Users will now be able to add or remove media files for their desired videos.
- Text can now be added or deleted from caption or transcript files.
- Create or delete timestamps for videos.
- Obtain embed code for folders.
- Improved Performance for Bulk Transfers
We have provided a new paginated view of User Collections for Bulk Transfers. The new view will allow Organizations with thousands of individuals to experience faster load times and more responsive operation when transferring media to users and locations within the Video Platform.
- Browser Capture Studio Now Supports Apple Safari
With Safari version 14 supporting the MediaRecorder API, the Browser Capture can now be used with Apple Safari.
- Ability to Pause/Resume Browser Capture Recordings
Content Creators using the Browser Capture Studio can now pause and resume their recordings.
- Improvements to Video Platform Accessibility Aligned with WCAG 2.1 Standard
We have made several improvements to product accessibility aligned with the WCAG 2.1 Level AA standard, including being able to activate folders via the keyboard with a single key stroke, improved visual cues, refined use of the Escape key, additional alternative text for icons, color correction for visual impairment, and more.