We have successfully pushed an update to all instances residing in Canada and European Union. This release focuses on brand new features including a more powerful EnterpriseTube, improved engagement tools, improve accessibility standards, refreshed layouts, and much more!
- Multi-EnterpriseTube to Support Departments and Sub-Organizations (Beta)
The EnterpriseTube can now be segmented based on the organizational structure of the institution. To better support the organizational structures that exist in large institutions, we designed an EnterpriseTube which allows users to create segments based on the organizational structure of the institution. Now, organizations can have Sub-EnterpriseTubes for their School of Medicine, Law School, and various departments. Reach out to your dedicated Customer Success Manager to enable this feature.
- Ability to Reply Directly to an In-Video Comment with Nested Commenting Capabilities
We have enhanced the in-video commenting feature to support the ability to directly reply to comments. This facilitates more direct collaboration between users and instructors. For more information on this feature, please click here.
- Improved End-to-End Course Copy for Media Channels, Video Quizzes, and Embedded Videos
We have added new options and streamlined the end-to-end course copy workflow that seamlessly transfers content items such as Media Channels, Video Quizzes, and Embedded Videos. This feature is available for all major LMS products including Moodle, Canvas, Brightspace D2L, Blackboard Classic, and Blackboard SaaS. To learn more about how to enable this feature, please click here.
- Recurring Live Streams Now Offer a Single, “Full Series” Live Stream Link
To better support organizations that regularly use live streams for recurring events, Admins can use a single live stream Master Link which will automatically forward users to a current or upcoming webinar live stream.
- Video Editor Now Offer the Ability to Add and Delete Indices in Addition to the Pre-Defined Index Entries
This update will allow Content Creators to build on pre-defined index intervals by adding new indices to their videos with alternative timepoints. For more information on this feature, please click here.
- Media Chooser Now Shows Dynamic Updates of Recording, Uploading, and Processing Statuses
We have made enhancements to the Media Chooser by offering a dynamic update to video thumbnails to now display recording, processing, and uploading status. Further, a video can be inserted that is still in a processing state.
- Ability to Play Some Uploaded Video Types Immediately in the Media Library
We have added an extra stage to the transcoding pipeline which allows MP4 videos (and a few other types) to be played back immediately after upload. This will provide users with the option to playback their videos almost instantaneously in the original bitrate and format, while the other stages of the transcoding pipeline are processed in the transmuted original bitrate form.
- Media Player Now Has Option for a “Go Forward” Button
To complement our Go Back option, the Media Player can be customized to include a Go Forward option. To learn more about how to create a Media Player “skin” with this feature, please click here
- Machine-Generated ASR is Now Clarified in the Media Player Sidebar
This update will help users clearly distinguish if captions were generated through ASR or human captioning. Users can locate this attribute under captions by selecting the Gear icon on the Media Player.
- Ability to Save Media Library Sort
In an effort to provide users more control of their Media Library and Media Channel. We have enhanced the usability of the Sort option so that sort preferences will now save between logins.
- Accessibility Improvements Related to Meaningful Sequence Requirements of WCAG 2.1
To continue our efforts to meet and exceed WCAG 2.1 requirements, we have improved the tab order sequencing within the collapsible sidebar and also added an icon that clarifies the opening and closing of the sidebar.
- Ability to Provision Channels Based on SAML and ADFS Group Attributes
Organizations can now opt to provision channels based on the group attributes within their Single Sign-On infrastructure.
- Enhancement to Search Capabilities on the YuJa Media Chooser
We have implemented structures for the Media Choosers to enhance the search capabilities. Users will now experience improvements to the accuracy of search results when looking for specific content pieces. Instructions explaining the various search functions that are provided by the updated search system can be found by clicking the arrow icon located in the Search Bar.