We have successfully pushed an update to all physical zones residing in the United States. Please note that this release will be pushed to Canadian zones next week. This release includes over 80+ new features and improvements including:
- Improved Compliance with SCORM 1.2 Standard – Using video content as a SCORM object is now significantly easier with the ability to download a self-contained SCORM archive with pre-generated manifest. The SCORM object automatically updates a “video view completion” score based on the percentage of the video that was viewed. This can be directly integrated with SCORM-compliant LMS Gradebooks.
- Dynamic UI Update Improvements – We improved our in-browser cache optimization to enable faster updates of on-screen UI element updates within narrow bandwidth and processing constraints. The end result will be snappier and more dynamic on-screen UI updates.
- Full Role-Based Start Page Customization – Organizations can now customize the Start Page for each of the roles within the system. This is a pre-cursor to a unification we have planned between Media Channels and Media Library that will improve the viewing experience within the Media Library.
- Additional Performance Improvements to Media Library for Large Entity Sets – We rolled out the second set of improvements to the front-end performance when loading ultra-large sets of User Collections and Folder objects.
- Minor Accessibility Improvements to HTML5 Video Editor – In addition to some minor UI improvements, we improved the tooltip accessibility, resolved some issues related to captioning long videos, and resolved some “z-order” issues with certain front-end elements.
- UI, Stability, and Functionality Improvements to HTML5 Video Conferencing – We implemented a more versatile front-end model that enables us to create better user experiences. We eliminates some sources of premature disconnections, improved whiteboard usability, added mute/suppress buttons for video and audio sources, and improved mic and webcam detection. In the next release we expect to add WebRTC-based screensharing (which didn’t make this release’s cut-off) and more!
- Maintenance Fixes – We resolved a number of issues including:
- Media Extension Mac Download Issue – Resolved issue which prevented the Mac Software Capture from being downloaded from the Media Extension in certain cases.
- Browser Detection for Analytics Reporting Issue – Resolved an issue where the browser type was not properly being detected for the Analytics reporting.
- Embedded Live Stream Player Branding Issue – In a number of cases, the organization’s branding was not properly used within the embedded Live Stream Player.
- Downloading of Hub-Recorded Podcasts – Resolved an issue where, in some cases, captures recorded with the Hardware Hub could not be downloaded as a single-stream podcast.
- Channel View Auto-Update Issue – Resolved an issue where our in-browser caching resulted in a failure to dynamically update the page seamlessly, particularly within content published to a given Media Channel.
The next release we expect to add some new functionality and UI improvements to the Zoom Connector, the ability to lock specific user account roles (a heavily requested capability), ability to pre-schedule email-based delivery of analytics reports, new HTML Video Conferencing capabilities, admin-only Act as User capabilities, and more.