We have successfully pushed an update to all physical zones residing in the United States. Please note that this release will be pushed to Canadian zones next week. This release includes over 95+ new features and improvements including:
- Live Chat Capabilities Alongside Live Streaming – This summer, we’re adding a number of new Live Streaming improvements and fixes. One of the areas of focus is improving audience engagement. To this end, we added an integrated live chat capability to accompany active live streams.
- Live Stream Questions Become In-Video Comments – Questions that arise during live streams now automatically become in-video comments that are searchable as part of the recordings. One key use-case this enables is for viewers to visually scan and search for questions asked during the live presentation.
- Ability to Create Pre-Defined Template Responses within In-Video Comments – We improved upon one key use-case for In-Video Commenting which is simulation training (medical, nursing, teaching, public speaking, etc.). Now instructors can create a personalized “bank” of pre-defined comments that can be used to provide feedback and standardized textual markers within the video.
- Improvement to the Moodle Media Chooser – We improved the video playback of media selected via the Moodle Media Chooser. Media now will play inline within its placement inside Moodle (similar to the Media Chooser extensions of all other LMS’s). While this does not require a Moodle plugin update, you may need to enable a specific and obscure Moodle setting. If you need help, let us know and we’ll assist you in getting this configured.
- UI Improvements to “Act as User” – Based on feedback from a number of organizations, we implemented a number of small UI improvements to the user interface of the “Act as User” functionality introduced in the last update
- Ability to Change the Default Save Location for Auto-Scheduled Captures – Administrators establishing auto-scheduled captures can now specify a storage locations other than the Default Collection of a given user. Note: To use this feature, you’ll need the updated Software Capture binaries being released in a few weeks (we’ll send an alert once they’re available).
- Automatic and Pre-Generation of Audio Waveform within the Video Editor – During July and August, we’re rolling out a set of HTML5 Video Editor updates. The newest version now will show an audio wave-form based on the primary audio track of the recording.
- Ability to Customize Buttons within the Video Player’s Play Bar – Administrators can now customize which buttons (and the order of them) within the Play Bar of the Video Player.
- Drag-and-Drop Multi-Document Uploading with HTML5 Video Conferencing – The HTML5-based Video Conferencing now has the ability to accept drag-and-drop uploads of documents during a video conference session.
- Additional Capabilities and Improvements to HTML5 Video Conferencing – In addition to the multi-document drag-and-drop uploading, we also improved live pen drawing on the whiteboard, improved whiteboard synchronization, optimized document resizing, improved zoom-in document orientation settings, created an easier-to-use webcam and mic detection dialog, and more.
In the next release, we’ll be rolling out new capabilities including: 1) Improved Device Preview of both Hardware Capture and Software Capture applications including the ability to continuously monitor connected A/V sources with audio clip preview; 2) Improved capabilities for bulk channel copy and multi-section publishing; 3) Updated Software Capture applications for both PC and Apple, and much more.