We have successfully pushed an update to all YuJa Engage Student Response System instances residing in the United States, Canada, and the European Union. This release provides our users with Blackboard LTI 1.3 integration, new survey polls for non-graded questions, the ability for instructors to share an entire poll, as well as add images to their questions, and various performance optimizations and bug fixes.
- Blackboard Learn LTI 1.3 Integration
This update will allow our users to integrate YuJa Engage into their Blackboard instance. Polls may be created and published directly to desired courses and viewed by admins, instructors, and students. Future updates will focus on providing Grade Book sync across all instances. For more information, please visit our support guide on Integrating YuJa Engage for Blackboard Learn.
- New Survey Polls for Non-Graded Questions
Instructors may now create and publish a survey to administer non-graded polls. These polls do not have correct answers and can provide insight into ideas and opinions students wish to express.
- Instructors Can Now Share Entire Polls
We have added a new feature that will provide instructors and students with a more dynamic learning experience. In addition to being able to share individual questions throughout a lecture, instructors will now be able to share an entire poll with their students. Instructors may choose to use this feature as part of a mid-class structured assessment for their students to gauge student comprehension and boost engagement.
- Upload Images for Questions
Poll creators may now add images to their questions. Future releases will allow creators to add images to possible answers.
- Optimized Performance and Bug Fixes
We have optimized the performance of YuJa Engage and made several bug fixes to improve the user experience. Highlighting some of these optimizations and fixes are:
- Fixed an issue where poll results were not accurately displayed.
- Resolved an issue where longer poll questions would not save.
- The countdown timer is now synced for creators and viewers.
- Resolved crash issues when pausing the poll.
- Updated the UI text for viewers.
- Fixed redirect links.