We have successfully pushed an update to all YuJa Enterprise Video Platform instances residing in Canada and the European Union. This release provides our users with remote management tools for Software Capture, new third-party hardware support, new API scoping capabilities, Video Quiz improvements, Bulk Merge for videos, and much more. This update will be released to the United States zones next Friday.
- Enhanced Fleet Management and Remote Administration Capabilities for Software Capture Devices
Building upon the recently improved Devices Panel, Content Creators may access the Devices page to perform operations on classroom-installed Software Capture application including:
- Remotely create custom recording profiles for the YuJa Software Capture application.
- Update existing profiles to shared recording profiles.
- Adjust bitrate settings for live streaming and adjust recording devices settings.
In essence, institutions can now remotely deploy Software Capture application packages, configure them with pre-defined configuration files, and then use the new Fleet Management tools to adjust remote configuration, deployment, and monitoring of the Software Capture application. To learn more about our remote profiles feature, please visit our support guide on Creating a Profile Remotely.
- Audio Segment Amplification Adjustments Available Within the Video Editor
Content Creators may now digitally raise or lower the audio within their video with the Video Editor. Select specific segments and then adjust the audio to the desired volume for that specific section. To learn how to adjust audio, please visit our support guide on Adjusting Audio Levels in the Video Editor.
- Customizable API Endpoint Scopes for API Tokens
Administrators now have granular control of API tokens for API endpoints. Create customized tokens that allow token-holders to have access to specific APIs.
- Streamlined Way to Bulk-Merge Videos into a New Video
Content Owners looking to combine multiple videos into a single video can now easily do so. Our new Bulk Merge feature allows users to connect multiple videos without having to even launch the Video Editor. For example, this will allow individual students to merge their assignments effortlessly before submission.
- Add Multiple Video Quiz Questions at Given Timepoints
In providing a complete learning experience, instructors can choose to add multiple pre-assessment, mid-video, and summative assessment questions to their Video Quiz at a given timepoint.
- Sync Video Quiz Gradebook Data for Group Owners
Instructors wishing to preview the Video Quiz, including the Gradebook Sync, can now do so for their courses. Additionally, this feature will allow students with TA roles or other higher-level roles to take part in graded video quizzes.
- Drag & Drop Media Content Now Available in List View
Achieving parity with the Grid View, Content Owners may now simply drag-and-drop media content into their media folders while in List View. This feature provides a completely streamlined experience between our Grid View and List View for media content.
- Metadata Schemas are Now Integrated with the Advanced Search Console
The Advanced Search Console will now auto-populate metadata schemas that are defined by an Organization’s administrator.
- Improved Auto-Scaling and Detection for Video Playback
To provide users with faster initial playback, we have made improvements to the Media Player to adjust the video quality ahead of the initial playback based on the initial network characteristics.
- Added Support for NCast Third-Party Hardware Encoders
Complementing our market-leading integration with Matrox, Extron, and Epiphan, we have now added support for NCast hardware encoders. Users can now register their NCast devices and upload recordings directly to their My Media folder.
- Live Stream Player Chat Can be Disabled
Complementing the new Live Stream single sign-on capabilities added in the previous release, we now allow administrators to disable the Live Stream Chat for a live stream.
- Create Custom URLs for Videos
Content Owners wishing to create personalized links to enhance URL branding may now do so for their media content. By creating unique links, media content will retain the underlying URL while providing custom identifiers.