We have successfully pushed an update to all instances residing in the United States, Canada, and the European Union. This update provides our users with a new Recurring Jobs tab, accurate file size representation, improvements to file restoration, and enhanced UI across Himalayas.
- New Recurring Jobs Tab to View Active Data Management Policies
Viewing all active and recurring Data Policies is now easier than ever. The new Recurring Jobs tab offers a comprehensive overview of recurring tasks associated with installed Data Policies. Admins have a quick snapshot of the Data Policy and its occurrence. We have also provided a View All button to showcase the list of files associated with the Data Policy.
- Improved the Restore Behavior for Files
We have made several improvements to the behavior of restored files. Administrators will now find it easier to manage and locate files within their Video Platform instance.
- Files will be automatically restored to their original folder.
- If the original folder no longer exists, Himalayas will restore the folder with the file.
- If the original folder has been renamed, the file will be restored in the renamed folder.
- If the Content Owner has been removed from the Video Platform, the file will be restored under the Administrator’s account inside the “Himalayas Restored” folder.
- Data Explorer Now Offers the Ability to Search by Owner Email
To expand upon our search filter capabilities for Data Explorer, this update allows Administrators to search for files based on the Content Owner’s email.
- Added an Exclusion List for Videos to Not Be Archived By Recurring Policies
Recurring policies may schedule a video to be archived again if a Content Owner restores their file. To prevent this from occurring, Administrators will be prompted by Himalayas to add the video to the exclusion list for 90 days to prevent a subsequent archive from taking place.
- Himalayas Now Provides an Automatic Retry Feature for Failed Archives and Restores
To provide our users with robust archiving and restoring capabilities, we have implemented an automatic retry feature for failed Jobs.
- Manually Importing Zoom Videos Now Shows Individual Meetings
This update refreshes the user interface when users manually import their Zoom recordings. Instead of users seeing individual video streams for a multi-party meeting, the new interface will provide a simple view of the entire meeting as one video.