We have successfully pushed an update to all Himalayas instances residing in the United States, Canada and the European Union. This update focuses on providing users an enhanced data management experience by offering new sorting and filtering capabilities, and, automatically uploading and organizing users recordings from a variety of third-party video conferencing software.
Keep in mind that many of the capabilities provided by YuJa’s Himalayas Team are also available to customers that license only the Enterprise Video Platform.
- Support for Zoom LTI Pro Provides Automatic Uploading of Zoom Meetings in Media Channel (Available to EVP Customers Too)
When an instructor completes a Zoom meeting in their course using the Zoom LTI Pro connector (available in the Zoom Marketplace), this update will now provide an option to automatically upload their recording and make it visible for students. This removes the responsibility off instructors in having to upload their Zoom media.
- Policy Creator Now Offers the Ability to Add File Size and Video Length as Rules (Available to EVP Customers Too)
This update provides Administrators the ability to filter content by File Size and Video Length. When selected, users will be able to refine their search by entering a video length and file size value.
- Distinguish Between Blackboard Collaborate Recordings with the Inclusion of a Timestamp (Available to EVP Customers Too)
To help content owners distinguish between Blackboard Collaborate recordings, Administrators can enable the inclusion of the date and timestamp in video titles. To learn how to enable this feature, please click here.
- Designated Folders for Imported Webex, Blackboard Collaborate, and Microsoft Teams Recordings in Media Library (Available to EVP Customers Too)
To replicate what was offered for imported Zoom recordings, designated folders will now be created in users Media Library for imported Webex, Blackboard Collaborate, and Microsoft Teams videos.
- Bulk Enrollment for Blackboard Collaborate Videos (Available to EVP Customers Too)
Administrators will now be able to bulk enroll users to receive imported Blackboard Collaborate videos in their Media Library.
- ‘Delete Optional Transcodes’ Notification in Audit Logs (Available to EVP Customers Too)
This update will provide Administrators a notification when the ‘Delete Optional Transcodes’ rule has run with a policy. Users will be able to filter results by selecting ‘Recurrent Action Performed’.
- Ability to Sort Files by Date Added and Last Viewed (Available to EVP Customers Too)
This update allows Administrators to easily sort content by Date Added (oldest to newest) and Last Viewed.