We have successfully pushed an update to all YuJa Panorama Digital Accessibility Platform instances residing in the United States, Canada, European Union, and Australia. This release provides our users with updates to our Remediation Engine to support PDF documents, a new AI-powered tool to propose accessibility fixes, enhanced support for OCR conversions, SAML-SSO integration for the Panorama Platform, the option to add users outside of the LMS, new accessibility design tools, Panorama support for files up to 50 MB, the option to bulk changes fixes, and more.
- New Tool! PDF Remediation MAX Engine: A Premium Engine Available to Customers with Deeper PDF Remediation Workflows
A new PDF Remediation MAX Engine powers a new class of PDF remediation that enables users to address more complex PDF-related accessibility issues directly within the LMS, including contrast, font size adjustments, provision of alternative text for images, and more. As always, the Standard PDF Accessibility Engine is available to institutions.
- New Tool! AutoPilot: AI-Powered Tool to Propose Accessibility Fixes
We’re introducing an industry-first feature by launching AutoPilot, an AI-powered tool that automatically proposes document accessibility fixes for PDF, DOCX, PPTX, and HTML files. With just one click, AutoPilot users can send proposed fixes to the Remediation Engine, which will automatically remediate the document. In the future, AutoPilot will propose fixes for other issue types, as well as broaden the scope to Course and the full LMS. AutoPilot will currently propose fixes for the following issue types:
- Font size
- Color contrast
- Missing alt-text
- Enhanced Support for OCR Conversions: OCR Text and OCR Immersive Reader
We are expanding our OCR conversion engine to provide two new capabilities for generating distinct documents based on the OCR’d content.
- OCR Text: Generate a brand new text file.
- OCR Immersive Reader: Use the immersive reader for OCR’d content.
- No LMS Required! SAML-SSO Authentication Support for the Panorama Platform
Administrators, instructors, and students can access their respective reports and accessibility settings by signing in to the Panorama Platform directly with their SAML-SSO integration.
- Add Users Outside of the LMS to the Panorama Platform
Administrators can add users not registered for their LMS into the Panorama Platform to manage Panorama reports and settings based on their assigned roles.
- Custom Panorama Portal URL Prefix
Institutions can create their own custom Panorama Platform URL prefix. Simply contact your dedicated Customer Success Manager to get started.
- New Accessibility Design Tool Elements
We have expanded our Accessibility Design Tool to incorporate two new elements when creating HTML content.
- Progress Bar: Content Creators can place progress bars for long-form content to help their viewers keep track of their progress.
- Expander: Content Creators can place discrete expandable cards to show viewers additional content.
- Generate Panorama Reports for Files up to 50MB
Panorama will now support generating Accessibility Reports and Alternative Formats for files up to 50 MB in size.
- New Course Scans Page to View the Status of Courses
Administrators can track the progress of Panorama’s course scans and view a list of all courses within their institution. If desired, they can also scan or re-scan courses to locate new documents or pages within the course.
- Panorama for Canvas: Website Accessibility Enabled Canvas-Wide
The Website Accessibility icon is no longer restricted within a course. Instructors and students can access the Website Accessibility icon from anywhere within Canvas.
- New Branding Settings to Customize Website Accessibility Colors
We have added a new Branding Settings tab that allows administrators to customize the colors of the Accessibility Icons and the Website Accessibility menu.
- Pop-Out the How-to-Fix Window for a Wider View
We have introduced a new pop-out feature in the How-to-Fix panel that displays the steps to resolve an issue in a larger window, making it easier to view.
- Bulk Change All Instances of the Same Accessibility Issue
Users can now choose to apply their accessibility changes to all instances of the issue when remediating a document.
- Panorama for D2L: Accessibility Reports for Documents within the Manage Files Page
Panorama now supports generating Accessibility Reports and Alternative Formats for documents found within the Manage Files page in D2L Brightspace.
- Students Can Disable Panorama Accessibility Icons
Panorama Accessibility icons can now be disabled by individual students.